Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wow, is Britney Spears Cool Again? Wait, I Just Checked, and She's Not.

Last night, an episode of Glee was on where Brittany S. Pierce imagined she was the star of several Britney Spears music videos while under the influence of anesthesia. You can find the episode here on Hulu, though it will only be there for the next four or five weeks, maybe. Sorry, readers five weeks from today. Anyway, the characters were all talking about Britney Spears, and they were saying things like, "Oh, she's so cool, she's crazy and knows how to let loose. She's so inspirational because she's a single mom. We grew up on her." They mentioned chasing down the paparazzi a couple times too. But the whole time, I was thinking, "What about the part where she was always driving her kids around without car seats? Or when she shaved her head in some weird moment of I don't know what? She's not a good role model. And speaking of people my generation grew up on, what about Beyonce? She had music back then, and she's still good at making music now, too. She's also pretty classy.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that episode, especially because I love the character Brittany and seeing an episode mostly about her was really awesome.

2 comments:

BetsyLynne said...

I thought it was a great episode...but i must agree, she has had one too many crazy spells in my mind to qualify as a role model!

Annah said...

People just love Britt Britt. I'm more of a Christina fan but everyone loves them some Miss Spears, especially, the gays :)

I heard it was a great episode, though.