Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Internet People Suck! (Moving, Part II)

After packing what clothes, jewelry, and hygienic accessories I had at Boyfriend's apartment, I went home to my parents' house to get the remainder of my knick-knacks, movie posters (including a stand-up of Legolas), and self put-together furniture from Target. I somehow expected that I wouldn't have that many things left there since I lived just fine without them in my dorm all year, and yet I was mistaken. Most of it was books though, so I suppose that's not too bad.

I don't want to bore you with boring details, but Boyfriend, Boyfriend's mom, Boyfriend's brother, Mom, and myself spent all day last Tuesday moving in. It really wasn't all that eventful. It took four people to move the near-40" TV. That's about it.

Boyfriend's parents were scheduled to go on a motorcycle trip to Taos later that week, so Boyfriend's mom left Boyfriend's brother, Tanner, at our place for about a week. Because of this we set up the futon (that will function as our couch) in front of the TV for him to sleep on, and had the DISH Network people come the next day to set up our satellite for channel viewing and enjoyment. The internet was also supposed to be turned on on Wednesday, but after calling Qwest's help line three times, we were eventually told that we would have to wait until Monday for someone to come out and check out the phone line manually. ARGH.

Also, maybe I should have had a better story about the internet people if they are the main subject of the title of this post. But don't you worry, it was traumatizing. Boyfriend and I didn't know anything about our work schedules, none of us could play online games, check Facebook or Twitter, or, most importantly, blog about moving! Ack!

Long story short, school's coming up fast and most of our boxes have yet to be unpacked. Bummer.

No comments: